The objectives of ICONSEA 2021 are to:
- Create awareness of the challenges of regional as well as contemporary global issues facing Southeast Asian countries today.
- To understand our common civilisational similarities in culture, language
and genetic make-up.
- Promote Southeast Asia as a region of diverse political, economic, cultural and social characteristics.
- Present new research findings in the field of Southeast Asian Studies.
- Encourage the exchange of ideas and information among researchers involved in researching and teaching Southeast Asian Studies.
- Encourage intellectual discourse among researchers, academicians, governments, private sector and NGOs on issues pertaining to Southeast Asia.